Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recovery Mode

 A typical wedding day for me, is at least a 13 hour working day. On the day of an event, going full speed is how I operate. But the day after a wedding,  I am in full "recovery mode". When the feet are all mangled up, when all the muscles hurt, when the car needs to be unloaded, and  the belly feels starved, this is when I turn to my favorite things.  I listen to raspy voices of ladies singing jazz, I hook up to the coffee IV, I proudly wear the baggy sweater, I fill up the tank with sweets, I light up my favorite ginger/peony candle and I nestle in between the feathers of a soft down comforter. I sleep, I read, and I cuddle with my kids and hear the animated stories of what I missed. I give the husband a play by play of what went right  at the wedding and what I'll do better the next time, the next time I'm running at full speed. But for the moment, while in recovery mode, I breath as I enjoy my favorite things.
Jenny G.


No comments:

Post a Comment